Westmead Touch Football Asssociation (WTA) began in 1984 at Sydney Smith Reserve, ambulance moved to Jones Park in 1987 and is one of the oldest affiliated assocations with New South Wales Touch Association.
Jones Park has arguarbly some of the best playing fields in the Sydney region and WTA has hosted many regional and representative tournaments over the years.
In the past 32 years the Westmead Touch Football competition has produced regional and state representative teams, approved along with national and Australian representative players.
With this much experience, web WTA offers a well organised and professionally run social competition with a focus on its surrounding areas.
The members of the Exeutive Committee boast a wealth of experience and organisational skills.
The Referees that officiate at the Westmead Touch competition are at a State and National graded level.
Why join us?
1. Westmead Touch Association (WTA) offers an affiliated competition with Touch Football Australia (in partnership with the NRL and the official Government recognised convener of the sport) & also NSW Touch Association. WTA is a registered association and has been operating as such since 1989.
2. As an Incorporated Association, WTA is operated for the benefit its members, being the players and referees. WTA is a Not-For-Profit Association and every cent we make gets reinvested back into the game, unlike some unaffiliated competitions run by individuals who are motivated in making a profit for themselves. These rebel competitions put nothing back into the game but rather exploit it for their own gain.
3. Through Touch Football Australia, registered players in all WTA competitions are covered by a player injury insurance scheme. Many unaffiliated competitions such as those run privately by individuals do not offer such insurance. Can you afford not to be insured?
4. As an affiliated association with Touch Football Australia, WTA is able to offer the opportunity for players who would like to get serious about touch to participate in Representative level tournaments, annually at Regional (NSWTA Senior and Junior State Cup), National (National Touch League), State (State of Origin NSW vs QLD) and International level (World Cup and Trans Tasman). Again, this is something not avaliable at unaffiliated competitions. NB Players who participate in these privately run competitions are ineligible to play at Representative level.
5. WTA offers State and National graded and trained referees, who can properly officiate games. Many of our referees are appointed to grand finals in regional and state tournaments. WTA also has NSW acredited Coaches and Selectors who administer our Representative teams. These are people with enormous experience and training, with some being current and former NSW and Australian Representatives.
6. WTA is run by a Committee made up of players and referees whose passion is to promote touch football locally and make the game of touch football more enjoyable. Every core decision made by the committee is in the best interest of its members.
7. WTA Team registration fees are some of the most competitive in the market, making playing Touch Football at Westmead one of the most cost effective sports an individual can play. Registration for a Senior Team is $980 incl. GST (roughly $70 per player based on a 14 player team). Compare this to Soccer where individual regos are $250+, Rugby League/Union $180+, Netball $220+
8. WTA competitions cater for all levels from the touch football novice through to the more experienced representative levels. Whatever your ability, we have a division suited to your team. NB: This is subject to team numbers per division.
9. CONVENIENCE – You play every week AT THE SAME LOCAL VENUE. There is NO traveling all over Sydney to play other teams.
Paul Khoudair Tony Alevras Joey Aboud Mick Zhurawel Peter Khoudair